6 July 2023
Joint Annual General Meeting of Nordzucker AG and Nordzucker Holding AG: Good dividend and good prospects – sustainability course confirmed
After a very successful fiscal year 2022/2023, the company is distributing a dividend of 1.20 Euro per Nordzucker AG share. The Annual General Meeting confirmed the company’s course for the future and very clearly approved the actions of the Executive Board and Supervisory Board.
At the Annual General Meeting of Nordzucker AG and Nordzucker Holding AG on 6 July 2023 at the Volkswagenhalle in Braunschweig, the shareholders confirmed the company’s course and approved the dividend proposal.
Nordzucker concluded the challenging fiscal year 2022/2023 very successfully, laying a good foundation for further sustainable development. The Group increased sales by 16 percent to 2.3 billion Euro and operating profit (EBIT) by 97 million Euro to 211 million Euro. The Australian affiliate Mackay Sugar Ltd (MSL), which produces cane sugar, contributed 22 million Euro to this result. The Group’s EBIT profit margin increased to 9 percent, up from 6 percent in the previous year.
“We have further sharpened our strategy and set the course for greater sustainability. This includes ambitious targets along the entire value chain. With our projects, initiatives and in the context of our good financial position, we believe we are well positioned to consistently continue on our path to becoming an even more sustainable company,” underlines CEO Lars Gorissen. “The contributions from our excellence initiatives, a strong first quarter and the positive market development give prospects for another very successful fiscal year 2023/2024.”
Supervisory Board supports course of the company
Jochen Johannes Juister, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Nordzucker AG, emphasized in his presentation: “The importance and long-term positive outlook for the core business in the EU and the goal of growing in the sugar business outside Europe are important themes in the corporate strategy. So are sustainability and the expansion of new business areas. The Supervisory Board is convinced that Nordzucker’s strategy and the sustainability course it has adopted will enable it to expand its competitiveness and successful position in the market.”
The Annual General Meeting approved the actions of the Executive Board and Supervisory Board of Nordzucker AG and Nordzucker Holding AG by a very large majority.
Further voting results of Nordzucker Holding AG
Nordzucker Holding AG is the parent company of Nordzucker AG and holds 83.8 percent of the shares in the operating company.
- Proposal of the Executive Board and Supervisory Board approved to pay a dividend of 1.45 Euros per share (previous year: 0.60 Euros) for shareholders of Nordzucker Holding AG
- Kaspar Haller, Alexander Heidebroek, Eckhard Hinrichs, Dr. Axel Naumann, Hans-Heinrich Schnehage, Ralf Tegtmeyer, Dr. Christoph Wedde, Dr. Ulf Wegener, were elected to the Supervisory Board of Nordzucker Holding AG
Further voting results of Nordzucker AG
- Proposal by the Executive Board and Supervisory Board to pay a dividend of 1.20 Euros per share (previous year: 0.80 Euros) for shareholders of Nordzucker AG approved
- Alexander Heidebroek, Eckhard Hinrichs, Bernd Schliephacke and Christoph Klöpper were elected to the Supervisory Board of Nordzucker AG; Christoph Klöpper is a new member
- Dr. Karl-Heinz Engel reached retirement age and retired from the Supervisory Board of Nordzucker AG.
- Control and profit transfer agreement for Nordzucker Plant Based Ingredients GmbH approved
Details of the voting results can be found on our website (in German):
At the constituent meeting of the Supervisory Board following the Annual General Meeting, Jochen Johannes Juister was confirmed as Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Nordzucker AG. Helmut Bleckwenn was elected as deputy for the shareholder representatives, and Sigrun Krussmann, as deputy from the employee side. For Nordzucker Holding AG, Alexander Heidebroek was confirmed as Chairman of the Supervisory Board. Eckhard Hinrichs was confirmed in office as first deputy chairman and Ulrich Langenhoff as second deputy chairman.