Nordic Sugar administration in Copenhagen (Denmark)
The Nordic Sugar administration is located in Christianshaven on Copenhagen's well known harbour front. This historical location has been an important site for the German sugar industry since the end of the 19th century. When an old refinery burnt down, the decision was reached to build a new sugar refinery. A location directly in the harbour was chosen to simplify the unloading of cane sugar imported from distant countries. The eye-catching red building was built between 1912 and 1913 in the same style as the warehouses in Copenhagen. The building was used as a refinery until 1964 and then served as a warehouse until 1985. After thorough modernisation in 1989, the building became the company headquarters of Nordic Sugar. Around 100 staff work there today in administrative positions.
Nordic Sugar A/S
P O Box 2100
1014 Copenhagen K
Tel: +45 32 66 25 00